You can run this program to find out whether you are colorblind. Approximately 12% of males are colorblind. Although fewer, millions of women are also. And if you are colorblind, you can play with this a few minutes a day as an exercise to discern colors better.
Technique #1 – Speed Writing
(tec- 1 sped writ.)
When you are taking notes or creating a first draft, you can increase your typing speed considerably with the following simple little tricks. This way, you won’t fall behind, or lose your train of thought, while you’re trying to get everything written down.
* Instead of typing Continue reading “Instantly Improve Your Typing Speed”
These two similar words can have vastly different meanings. A naturalist is one who studies or appreciates nature. A naturist can be nearly the same thing: One who appreciates beauty in nature. However a naturist can also be one who enjoys going without clothes whenever proper opportunities come up. There can be a sexual side to naturism, but more often it is practiced as a way to be more ‘natural.’ Naturism can be a very freeing experiece for one who has spent most of life covered in cloth. Many claim health benefits, feeling a reaonable amount of sunshine over one’s entire body is more beneficial than exposing only some portions of the body to the sun’s ultraviolet radiation. A growing body of evidence suggests most of us don’t get enough vitamin D. However, some scientists are now saying as much exposure as one can get to sunlight will not give us optimum vitamin D. On the other hand, too much tanning can be bad for one’s health also. Go figure!
Your author once went roller skating with some friends, one of whom was deaf. The rink was quite loud with its old-fashioned organ music and scores of yelling children. Tom, our Continue reading “Crazy Roller Skating Situation”
Have you ever felt that we have this age thing backwards? Most people in modern society worship youth, but youth is only good because of its room for potential development. Age equals wisdom, an irreplaceable commodity that you can’t just buy at Wal-Mart. If nothing else, whether you are young or old, listen to what old people have to say. They have been around and know the best ways to tackle problems that young people could otherwise only guess at.
I’m going to tell you that a cup of coffee at Starbucks costs $36. And when you understand that, you can get a million dollars, no matter how much or how little you are making right now. Everyone can become a millionaire. As long as you are Continue reading “Everyone Can Become a Millionaire”
The simple explanation:
The law of attraction = what you think is what you get.
In general, if you think affirmative thoughts, you’ll get wonderful results. You’ll be amazed at the positive changes you can make in your life when you employ the law of attraction through some specific but simple techniques. It has failed for many people only because they don’t really know how the mechanisms under the hood work. Knowing that will give you the assurance and patience to take the right steps. This page is dedicated to helping you put the “law of attraction” into action.
Some people will refuse to believe something so simple can actually work until they know how it works. OK, I understand. Here are a couple of ways it works. You’ll find others later on.
1. When you’re in a negative loop, such as “I’m in debt, I’m in debt,” your mind is preoccupied with that thought. It’s as if your neurons have burned a path of least resistance, and so the concern about your debt takes most of your waking hours. You’re too occupied with your loop to be creative. If, you start to look at what you already do have, a nice pair of shoes, a dog who adores you, a warm home, your negative loop is interrupted, and you can start thinking of ways out of the debt. (By the way, if you are looking for ways out of debt – that actually work – you can look all throughout this website). You may also be depressed when you focus on the negative, and people who are depressed can make weird, ineffective choices.
2. When you stay focused on what you want (not on what you don’t want), you start making small, but important decisions that will move you in the right direction.
3. You may wonder what would happen if everyone got what they wanted. What if lots of people became rich? Would that mean that everyone else would get poorer? No, in fact the opposite happens. When you’re rich, you buy things. The salespeople get commissions, the stores and factories make money, and are able to pay more to their workers.
Actually, you don’t have to know how it works. Just have faith that it does, and the law of attraction will work for you.
Let’s say you want a new convertible. People familiar with the law of attraction may suggest you put a picture of that convertible on your bathroom mirror, and start wishing for it. I know that seems rather simplistic, and for this example it is, but it actually works.
Here’s how it once worked for me – I wanted a Land Rover back in my early twenties when I had very little money and certainly couldn’t qualify for a car loan. Back then, a brand new one was $4,000. I went to several car dealers anyway, just to look and wish some more. I discovered a dusty used one in a dealer’s back lot that actually still ran, for $400 – quite a surprise. It wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but it was a Land Rover that I could afford. I drove it home, and it overheated on the way. $90 for a new radiator. That took a week to save up for, and another week to order. Then I had a Land Rover that actually ran fairly well, but it looked terrible. Although now I was really quite happy with the one I had, I wanted a good-looking Land Rover. I had a friend who worked in a body shop who could get me a paint job for $200. I could pick any color I wanted, so I chose a deep metalflake green, with black trim. A couple of months later, I had the car painted, it actually looked better than new Land Rovers in my opinion, since you couldn’t get them in that color. Thinking others may feel the same way, I put an ad in the newspaper, and sold my $400 Land Rover for $2800! It didn’t take long to come up with another $1200, and I got my brand new Land Rover, paid for in cash! OK, you’re probably wondering how I got that last $1200. Here’s what happened: One day the transmission in my $400 Land Rover broke down. Back then, Land Rovers were rare and I couldn’t buy the parts I needed anywhere, so I bought a whole used Land Rover, one that was crashed, so I could take the transmission for my car. Then, I sold the windshield, the wheels, the seats, axles, all sorts of other parts. After paying to dispose of the remains, I had well over $1,000. Now I realize you may not be able to do what I did, you may not even know exactly what an axle is, let alone how to sell one, but I’ll bet you have marketable skills, also. You probably have skills that you don’t yet realize can bring big positive changes to your life. This website will help you leverage what you already have.
Just in case you’re still not understanding how I do things, and how you can too, let me cite one more example. This one happened just last year: I started a bookstore in an era when people simply don’t do that. Independent bookstores have been badly hurt by online book venues such as Amazon.com. But, I felt like it would be a fun project to set up a small store, where I could greet the public, and sell books. So I did it. I did a few things differently, including having a back-room operation where I also sold books online. But after 4 months, I lost interest. (I used to think losing interest in good projects was one of my bigger flaws, but now I’m realizing it has always been an advantage.) So I sold the store. I picked a price that was three times higher than what I had invested, but my wife stopped me. She said I didn’t realize that it was already making enough money to suit a lot of possible buyers, just not enough money to suit me. She said I should quadruple the price. I placed an ad. I sold the business four days after placing the ad for twelve times the original investment.
In the next few paragraphs, I’m going to teach you how to use the law of attraction (and other techniques) to truly get what you want.
Follow These Three Steps, And You Can Have Anything!
1. The first trick is to figure out exactly what you want. Oddly, almost everyone thinks they can answer that question without hesitation, but upon deeper reflection, it can be quite confusing. In time, you may discover things about yourself that you never knew. A woman with a degree in psychology was looking for something more meaningful than her current job of writing psych evaluations for an insurance company. She couldn’t really get a handle on it, until one day she discovered she’d like to work with children. She burst into tears upon making that discovery. She had never given any thought to the idea of working with people other than adults until then.
How do you know what you want? Try this trick: Ask a friend to ask you these specific questions:
What do you want (or what would you like)?
Where, when, and with whom would you like to have it?
What will having that do for you?
How will you know when you have it?
How will it affect your friends and family?
What will you loose that you value when you have it?
Have your friend repeat these questions in any sequence several times over the course of an hour or so, and you may be surprised how much your answers change.
Repeat this technique with a few friends over the course of a week or two.
2. Work out a plan of action. Pretty much anything you want to do can be attained in a succession of little, tiny steps. Nothing needs to be difficult. Even designing an action plan can be easy. Especially when you know you don’t have to follow it exactly. Let the universe help guide you. If you make a plan that’s about right, with adjustments as things happen, you’ll get to where you’re going. An example:
I know a couple who were struggling to make their organic bakery profitable. One night their house burned down. You might think: Surely that’s a setback. But they knew about the law of attraction. They knew that what seems like a negative event can often be perceived as positive, and in fact becomes a positive event. They basically had a party in the street as the firemen were putting out the pile of rubble that was their home. They moved into a teepee on a friend’s farm for the summer, paying no rent, and before winter they had found a better, furnished home that was closer to their bakery and lower rent than what they were paying before. Then, a couple of months later, the merchant next door made a little mistake and burned their bakery down! They did not have proper insurance. Do you think they worried? No, they didn’t! Within another month or so, they rented a new commercial building, bought a bunch of second-hand bakery equipment, and were back in business. But, this time they picked up a better location. This time, there was room for their customers to park, and their sign could be seen on the main thoroughfare. Their financial worries were over!
3. Be open to receiving. One of the best things you can do is to appreciate what you already have. That puts you in a mood and position in which new things can come to you. Without that, you may not recognize the opportunities when they come up. Like the joke:
A man was caught in a flood, and had to climb up on the roof of his house. But, he knew God would take care of him. A helicopter came by, and lowered a harness. The man refused it, saying, “no, God will rescue me.” Another one came by, and again he refused it. So he drowned and went to heaven. One of the first things he did when he got to Heaven was ask God, “Why didn’t you rescue me?” And God said, “T tried. What do you think those helicopters were?”
And, it helps to be patient. There’s a story about a gold mine in California. The owners dug and dug, but came up with no gold. So, they sold the mine for nearly nothing. The new owners dug three more feet, and hit the biggest vein of gold yet discovered.
And, it helps to have some guidance. For instance, if you tell your plan to all your friends, and then you get a bit lazy, they’ll remind you, and get you back on track. And, your friends will tell their friends, and benefits can come seemingly out of nowhere. This is a very big part of the effectiveness of the law of attraction.
30 years ago, I owned a bicycle shop. I wanted a metal lathe for the shop which is a very expensive tool. I told people, and one day, a 12-year-old boy came in the shop and said, “My grandmother has one.” I figured it was probably a wood lathe, a much less expensive tool that I couldn’t use, but I phoned her anyway. Her husband had passed, and she just wanted to be rid of it. It was a metal lathe in perfect condition, with a wide array of attachments.
Trust, be patient, relax, have fun, live a good life! – Jeff